- Never copy, steal, or scrape content from another site and claim it as your own.
- Resist the urge to predominantly keyword-stuff your site’s content.
Keyword stuffing is no longer a boon for a site’s rankings, thanks to
Panda’s prowl, so cease and desist this archaic and damaging practice.
- Ensure all your content is readable to humans, not search engine bots.
- Create the highest quality, original content possible.
- Every time you publish a new piece of content, ask yourself the
following: “Would I publish this in a major news outlet and feel proud
to put my name as the author?” If your answer is ever a no, don’t
publish it to your site.
- Publish content on a regular basis; sites with nothing but outdated and irrelevant posts are potential penalty targets.
- Make sure all backlinks are high-quality; never accept links from
questionable sources. If you have offending sites as link partners, your
site is also implicated.
- Double check that your site is technically sound, built with SEO in
mind. Sites with security risks and obvious viruses are also affected.
The Wrath of Panda: Googles New Algorithm Update | SiteProNews